After doing the needed firebase connection step and the site key worked successfully, You can start sending custom push notifications.
To send custom push notifications:
- Open your wordpress admin panel.
- Go to AppExperts menu item, Select “Manual Push Notification”
- Fill in the form and once you press send the notification gets sent immediately to the specified segments.
- If WPML is enabled and your website has multiple languages, Then you will see tabs for translating the notification title and content in the other languages.
- Target can be set to a URL that when users click on the notification, the URL opens in app in Webview.
- Segments are using the default wordpress users roles. So for Example if you want to send a notification to “subscribers ” user role only, select that role. You can select up to 3 roles
- if no segments (roles) are selected then the notification will go to all users who have accounts on your wordpress site.
- You Must check the “send to guest users” check box if you want the notification to reach guests as well.
- Pressing on Save and Send will send the notification immediately to the users.