1.1.Purpose of the plugin
AppExperts is a premium software that gives you the power to turn your WordPress-powered website into a mobile application for iOS and Android phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
Users can complete the process of creating their application in 5 simple steps:
- General Details
1.2.System Actors and Personas
- Can create an app from their WordPress site.
- Can access full system features.
- A system admin will be the one responsible for managing the whole system.
- Responsible for support tickets, managing problems during building.
- Can only access free plan features.
- Open the admin panel on your WordPress site and select the dashboard tab from the main menu.
- Select the “plugin” tab from the main menu.
- Select the “Add New” option to add a new plugin.
- In the search bar, type “AppExperts.”
- When the “AppExpert” plugin is displayed in the results section, click on the “Install Now” button and activate the plugin.
3.User profile and plans
Navigate to the Web Application Panel of AppExperts, where you can manage user-profiles and plans.
After the registration is successfully submitted, the user will be able to open the dashboard screen and start creating their application.
Users can register a new account by submitting the following details:
- First/last name
- Phone number
- Zip Code
- Users can log in using their email and password.
- If the user forgets their password, they can ask for a new password by submitting a request to the system. The system will ask the user to write their email to set a new password.
- After the user logs in, they can manage their old app or create a new app.
3.3.Managing user profile
- Users can update their profile information.
- Users can update their password.
- Change password: Users have the option to request a new password.
3.4.Managing user plans
- Users can upgrade their subscription.
- Users can cancel a subscription.
- Users can renew their subscription.
4.Manage communication with admins
- The admin will receive a notification when an app is built.
- The admin will receive a notification for app approval and store publishing.
- The admin will receive a notification when their subscription is expiring.
- The admin will receive a notification for the ticket/issue state.
5.Creating a new application
5.1.Configure application settings
5.1.1.Add an app name
Enter a unique name for the app in the app name input field. The system will verify if the name is unique by checking the app’s name with the Google PlayStore and Apple Store.
5.1.2.Add the app description
Write a short description for your application in the description input field.
The package name is a unique identifier for any app on the app store. You must meet the following requirements when choosing a package name.
- Enter package name in the form of 3 sentences separate with a dot (xxx.yyy.zzz)
- The system will verify that name with Google PlayStore and Apple Store.
Select my app category classification from a predefined list managed from the admin panel (e.g., Commerce – logs, etc.).
5.1.5.Add website URL
Add your website’s URL and connect to test if the AppExperts plugin is installed on your site successfully.
You can test the connection between AppExperts and your website by looking at the connection logo (shown in the screenshot).
5.1.7.Add consumer and secret key
The next step requires you to add a consumer and secret key in order to maintain a connection between your AppExperts app and WooCommerce.
Note: Woocommerce plugin must be installed first at the user WordPress site
Press here to find the steps on how to get the consumer and secret key.
5.2.Manage application access
5.2.1.Enable login authentication
This functionality controls user access to your application. Users must log in to access app content. The login requires a username and password.
This means that users may select to register for the application as an optional step. Users have to create a username and password during the registration process.
This means that users may select to login for the application as an optional step. Users can log in with their username and password. In order for this step to work, the admin must give access to users from the backend.
5.3.Manage Application Language
Users can select one or more languages from the given list.
Select the default language for your application (Required).
5.4.Configure Application UI Design
5.4.1.Customize Splash screen
Users can upload any image as their splash screen and icon.
5.4.2.Select the app icon
Users can upload an image as their application’s icon.
5.4.3.Customize Application splash colors
The user can choose a color as their splash screen if they do not choose to upload an image.
The splash screen consists of a logo and background of the selected color.
5.5.Configure Application Pages Content
5.5.1.Look & Feel for the application pages.
The user has the ability to choose any color as the main color for their application pages’ background. The user can also choose another color as their secondary color.
5.6.Create application pages
5.6.1.Enable WordPress search functionality
The search functionality will be enabled by default.
5.6.2.Enable logo appearance
Users can choose to display their app logo on the application’s main screen. This is a general option for all pages.
5.7.Manage Application content
The user can select the language for their added content.
The user can select the font for each language.
The user can display a list of all app components and change their text labels.
5.8.Add Content components
- Custom Homepage
- Static Page
- WordPress Pages
- External page
- Contact Us
- WooCommerce Products
- WordPress posts
- WordPress taxonomy
Add post type page to your mobile application menu
- Select one of the following layouts for your post display
- list description
- grid description
- image list description
- Select one of post type (post-testimonial)
Add a Search page to your mobile application menu that allows visitors to search in-app content.
it’s different from the search icon which appears only at the top of the app’s main screen
Customize your home screen content and banners the way you want by adding slides photos linked to your website content
Add a slider to the app’s home page by adding a photo and title.
Users can select each element and connect it to their respective links.
Select category type
Enter the ID for the specific category.
Create static content in your mobile application by adding a photo and text with the help of ,an advanced text editor
Select a unique page from your website to be added to your mobile application menu
User can add external link or URL to add to the app
Users can select contact fields on their form (e,g, address, phone number, email address, etc.) Users can also add the location of their business but they must activate Google Maps API from the integration section.
If the user chooses to build a WooCommerce app, they must add the WooCommerce products component to enable store functionalities for their app.
Users can choose to display their website’s categories in the application menu.
The user can add a specific post from their WordPress site to the mobile application menu.
The user can choose to add a specific taxonomy that will be shown in the mobile application menu.
6.Manage Application build (Export my app)
- Users can build an app for Android
- Users can build an app for iOS
6.2.Mange Version History
The user can view all versions of their app and download a specific version if needed.
7.View and handle Applications
- View My applications
- Manage Application