It’s no secret that mobile apps are big businesses. In fact, according to statista.com, global app revenue is expected to cross $430 billion in 2023. So, how much does it cost to develop an app?
The answer to this question can vary greatly, depending on various factors, such as the app’s complexity, the features you want to include, and the platform you’re developing (iOS or Android). Generally speaking, you can expect to pay somewhere between $50,000 – $250,000 for a high-quality mobile app. However, there are ways to reduce the development cost, so it’s essential to do your research and get multiple quotes from qualified developers.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how much it costs to develop an app and some tips for reducing those costs.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop an App?
You’re not alone if you’re wondering how much it costs to develop an app. It’s one of the most common questions asked nowadays. And the answer, unfortunately, is that it depends.
Many variables go into the cost of developing an app, including the type of app you want to create, the features it will have, and whom you hire to do the work.
Generally speaking, you can expect to spend anywhere from $50,000 to $1 million to develop a high-quality app. Of course, there are always exceptions to this rule – some apps can be developed for less, while others may cost even more.
What Else Should I Know About the Cost of Developing an App?
Other things you should keep in mind when thinking about the cost of developing an app are:
- The cost of developing an app also depends on the features you want to include. Simple apps with just a few features will obviously cost less to develop than more complex apps with many bells and whistles.
- The cost of developing an app also varies depending on whom you hire to do the job. If you go with a big-name development company, you can expect to pay more than if you go with a smaller, independent developer.
- It’s also worth noting that the cost of developing an app is not a one-time expense. Once your app is live, you’ll need to budget for ongoing maintenance and updates.
Factors that Affect Application Costs
Now that you know the average cost to develop an app, you might wonder what goes into that number. There are a few different factors that can affect the cost of developing a mobile application, which include:
The Type of App
The kind of app you’re building is the first element influencing the development cost. There are several app kinds, each with a unique set of features that affects how much it costs to produce. Popular app types include:
- Functionality apps
- Data-driven apps
- Social networking apps
- eCommerce apps
Besides that, your app may also fall under a specific category: business, education, travel, music, health, gaming entertainment, etc. The app development cost will differ with the app category. According to Statista, as of the 3rd quarter of 2022, the most popular category in the Apple App Store is gaming.
The Size and Complexity of the App:
A more complex app with more features is going to take more time and money to develop than a simple app. The complexity of an app can be categorized into three categories.
Such apps don’t need remote data servers. Common examples of such apps are diet planners and calendar apps. The cost of developing a basic app is relatively low.
- Gaming Apps
Gaming apps can range from complicated to basic. Gaming apps can have simple features and be made with complex virtual reality.
- Apps with Web Servers
These mobile applications demand more complex programming and save data on remote servers.
- The Platform
Are you developing for iOS or Android? Or maybe both? The platform you choose can affect the cost of development. The two main mobile app development frameworks that you can use our hybrid app development and native app development.
If you choose to develop a native app, that means you are targeting your app to work on a specific platform, iOS or Android.
On the other hand, hybrid apps are designed to use the same codebase across both platforms. This makes them compatible with many devices.
The Development Team:
Are you working with a professional development team or going the DIY route? Hiring a team of experts is going to cost more than doing it yourself, but it will likely result in a better end product. Also, if you have a WordPress website for which you wish to have an app, you can install a plugin to transform your site into an app. AppExperts is a leading WordPress plugin that’ll help you create your custom mobile help to enhance your reach and target smartphone users.
So, as you can see, there are a few different factors that can affect the cost of developing a mobile application. Keep these in mind as you budget for your own app development project.
How To Cut App Development Cost
You might be wondering how you can cut costs when developing your app. Here are a few tips:
– First, try to develop your app in-house if possible. This will save you the cost of hiring a development team.
– Second, reuse code whenever possible. This will save you both time and money.
– Third, use open-source libraries and frameworks. This will again save you time and money.
– Fourth, use a low-code platform to develop your app. This will help you save both time and money.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you won’t have to spend too much money on developing your app.
How to choose the right App Development Company
Now that you know what goes into making an app and how much it will cost, you need to find the right company to develop your app. There are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing a company:
– Make sure they have a good portfolio of apps they’ve developed. This will give you a good idea of their quality of work.
– Ask for references from companies they’ve worked with in the past. This will give you a good idea of their working style and whether or not they’re easy to work with.
– Check out their reviews online. This will give you a good idea of what other people think of their work.
– Make sure they’re able to work within your budget. This is an important one! You don’t want to overspend on your app development, so make sure the company you choose is able to work within your budget.
So, how much does it cost to develop an app?
It can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $500,000 to develop an app, depending on the features you want and the platform you want to build for.
The best way to get an accurate estimate is to contact a mobile app development company and have them assess your project. They’ll be able to give you a better idea of how much it will cost to develop an app that meets your specific needs.